3+ Ingredient Chocolate
- ½ cup Lav Kokonas Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sweetener – raw honey (if you can source Mountain Valley Honey you will be pleased you did); agave or real maple syrup.
In a small pot, melt Lav Kokonas Coconut Oil and cocoa together – whisk a little with a fork to combine well, remove from heat. Add in the sweetener of your choice. Cool a little. Line a baking dish or a baking tray – pour the chocolate mix onto the tray. Freeze. Once set, simply break off into pieces. Store in a container in your freezer.
For a twist, why not try these suggestions:
Vanilla Twist – add 1 tsp of Venui Ground Vanilla Beans (add when combining oil and cocoa)
Ginger Twist – add 1 tsp of Venui Ground Ginger (add when combining oil and cocoa)
Turmeric Twist – add 1 tsp of Venui Ground Turmeric (add when combining oil and cocoa)
Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 50 g dark chocolate (85% or higher), chopped (Try Whittakers or Donovans)
- 1 Tablespoon good quality cocoa powder
- 5-6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoons Venui Vanilla Extract
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, chopped dark chocolate and cocoa powder. Warm the milk until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds and vanilla extract – make sure you stir constantly while adding the chia seeds otherwise they will stick. Stir thoroughly until the chia seeds begin to thicken the mixture a bit.
Pour into small serving cups and refrigerate for at least an hour until the mixture is very thick. Top with shaved dark chocolate or whipped cream.
Zingy Ginger Crunch – dairy free
- 130 g Lav Kokonas Virgin Coconut Oil
- 125 g Coconut Sugar
- 200g Flour
- 1 teaspoon Venui Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cream Lav Kokonas Virgin Coconut Oil and coconut sugar. It won’t be as fluffy as you would get if using standard white sugar and butter, but it will cream together. Add sifted dry ingredients. Knead well and press into a greased shallow tin or alternatively line tin with baking paper (it’s easier to get out of the tin this way). Bake 20 minutes or so at 190 Celcius.
Meanwhile, into a pot place
- 4 Tablespoons of Lav Kokonas Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Golden Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Venui Ground Ginger.
Heat until melted, and stir well so Virgin Coconut Oil is well mixed. Pour over the cake while it is still hot. Cut into squares while the cake before it gets cold.
A delightful way to increase your turmeric intake and to assist with boosting your immunity, particularly during winter months.
- 2 cups of milk of your choice – raw, coconut, almond, goats, hemp etc. I recommend coconut or raw milk
- 1 tablespoon local honey (sugar-free version is stevia) Mountain Valley Honey is highly recommended.
- ½ teaspoon Venui Ground Turmeric
- small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger (fresh is best)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pour all ingredients into a small pot and bring to a light boil, reduce heat. If you have used whole peppercorns & cinnamon stick – strain – then sit back and enjoy.
You can drink this when it is cold, but I think it is better warm.
Coconutty Chocolate Cake – Gluten & Dairy Free
- ¾ cup Lav Kokonas Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Venui Vanilla Extract or Paste or Ground Beans (your choice)
- 1 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
In a pot, melt Virgin Coconut Oil & cocoa powder, remove from heat, set aside and cool. In a bowl mix together eggs, salt, vanilla, coconut milk and sifted coconut sugar. Stir into cocoa mix. Sift coconut flour and baking powder over mixture, whisking to a smooth batter. Pour into a lined baking tin 22x22x5 . Bake at 175C for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy as is or to jazz the cake up – slice horizontally, spread with raspberry jam and whipped cream and dust the top with a little icing sugar, or spread with a little more Virgin Coconut Oil and raspberry jam.