Please note: everyones metabolism is different and, depending on how you use Virgin Coconut Oil, you may get different results
- Virgin Coconut Oil can be used as a dietary supplement. Some recommend a daily dosage of up to 3 tablespoons. Start gradually with 1 teaspoon before each meal, and then increase amount over a period of time.
- Keep you healthy and slim – consuming Virgin Coconut Oil may help boost and regulate your metabolism which may aid weight related issues.
- Support your immune system – as Virgin Coconut Oil is packed with lauric acid, the immune supporting nutrient. Mothers’ milk is also high in lauric acid and is recommended as the best start for babies, with that kind of recommendation you can see why people want to use Virgin Coconut Oil in their food.
- Promote heart health – Virgin Coconut Oil contains no trans fatty acids.
- Give you instant energy – Virgin Coconut Oil can help you feel less fatigued and require less sleep by stimulating your metabolism. It can also enhance athletic performance.
- Support healthy thyroid function – consuming Virgin Coconut Oil may stimulate the activity and proper functioning of this gland which provides energy, supports the health of your skin and keeps your moods in balance.
- Improve insulin secretion – Virgin Coconut Oil can assist better utilisation of glucose to balance insulin output.
- Assisting with keeping you regular – some people who routinely are not “routine” with their bowel motions have found that taking about 1 tablespoon per day of Virgin Coconut Oil has been enough to “get things moving”.
- Candida is a disease caused from excessive and uncontrolled growth of yeast called Candida Albicans in the stomach– Essential fatty acids that make up Virgin Coconut Oil – ie Caprylic acid, caproic acid, myristic acid and lauric acid have antimicrobial and antifungal properties which aid in the elimination of candida albicans. Lauric acid is a saturated fat and a medium chain fatty acid that forms a compound called monolaurin when it reacts with enzymes. This monolaurin is a potent germ and fungus killer.